Monday, October 6, 2008

Pendragon prequels

Although I have yet to read #9 Raven's Rise, I'm really addicted to this series. So I was quite happy when I heard the announcement of prequels -although not by the same author. And this got me to thinking:

1. Are prequels good?
2. Why isn't D.J. MacHale writing these books?
3. Can another author capture the correct tone and engage the audience in the same way?

Here's the cover for the 1st of 3 prequels.

Read more about the books here.
These are already on my list of books to read, but this type of new still makes me curious.

I know that other series have succeed at situations like this such as: Sweet Valley High, Nancy Drew, Anne of Green Gables, and more recently Gossip Girl.

I know there are times when I don't want the story to end and would love a continuation but I think there could be times too when the story is ruined.

What do you think?

No comments: