Thursday, October 9, 2008

Twilight news from EW

'Twilight''s new poster and soundtrack revealed

Oct 7, 2008, 02:46 PM | by Amy Wilkinson

Categories: Twilight, Twilight Bytes

Twilightmovieposter_l As I type this, the Twilight trailer premiere widget on stepheniemeyer.com reads 2 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes, 18 seconds -- wait -- 17, 16, 15...oh, you get the point. And while I can hardly wait to see new clips from the most hotly anticipated flick of the fall (according to Amy Wilkinson), we've got other business to tend to, namely the movie's new poster and soundtrack list. (Be sure to check back on Friday for our full analysis of the final trailer.)

My first thought upon seeing this image was, Why is it so difficult to make my boyfriend Robert Pattinson look properly dreamy? Here are my top three complaints:

1. The eyes. Not only do they look slightly off-kilter -- is it just my imagination or is his right eye higher than his left? -- but the color is creeping me out. I realize our smoldering vamp is supposed to have topaz-colored peepers, but these look like they're about to shoot laser beams like those Sphinx-lady statues in The Neverending Story.

2. The skin. Though I'm no bloodsucker, I am a card-carrying member of the SPF 70 club, so I know a thing or two about porcelain (read: pasty) skin. It's white, not gray. R Patz needs more Nicole Kidman and less Gargoyles.

3. The pose. I have a feeling Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were shot separately and melded together in Photoshop. Their bodies are at such odd angles and look really disconnected to one another. Where's the love?

Things I do like:

1. The release date is correct.

Anyhoo, moving on to the soundtrack: In case you haven't seen the full list, here it is, after the jump:

1. Muse, "Supermassive Black Hole"
2. Paramore, "Decode"
3. The Black Ghosts, "Full Moon"
4. Linkin Park, "Leave Out All The Rest"
5. MuteMath, "Spotlight" (Twilight Mix)
6. Perry Farrell, "Going All The Way (Into The Twilight)"
7. Collective Soul, "Tremble For My Beloved"
8. Paramore, "I Caught Myself"
9. Blue Foundation, "Eyes On Fire"
10. Rob Pattinson, "Never Think"
11. Iron & Wine, "Flightless Bird, American Mouth"
12. Carter Burwell, "Bella's Lullaby"

The album includes several Meyer playlist regulars like Muse, Linkin Park, and Collective Soul, whose Tremble For My Beloved already appears on Meyer's Twilight mix. Team Edward fans will want to note that Mr. Cullen himself has a song on the album (click here to see Rob Pattinson's folksy singing at L.A.'s Whisky a Go Go).

Now it's your turn, Twilighters/PopWatchers. What do you think of the new poster? Did your favorite artists make it on to the Twilight soundtrack? And will you be downloading every song when the album drops Nov. 4?

No comments: