Monday, February 23, 2009

Chatting with Kim Baccellia


1. What made you decide to write?
I've been writing since I can remember but it wasn't until much later that I decided to try to finish that novel I told my high school friends I'd write before 30. It took a little longer than that, but I did it!

2. Where do you write best?
In my writing room. It's up in the loft. You first have to go up a spiral staircase, which then has huge windows looking outside.

Sounds great, very picturesque.

3. Is there a topic you’ve always wanted to write about?
I always wanted to finish writing my story about growing up with a bipolar father. I'm a third of the way through it and hope to get back to it soon.

4. What’s one book you wish you’d written?
Wow, that's a tough one! I would have loved to have written THE THORN BIRDS or any of Diana Galbadon's novels.

5. What was the last book you’ve read that you’ve been recommending to everyone?
THE HUNGER GAMES. Very intense story that sucks you right in.
THE LUXE. I totally love these 1899 Manhattan meets GOSSIP GIRL books.

I LOVE both of these books, I can't say enough about them. I'm really looking forward to Catching Fire (the sequel to the Hunger Games) and while I'm looking forward to Splendor (the 4th in the Luxe series), I'm sad that it's ending.

6. How do you get your ideas? Do you use real events in your novels and if so, can you describe one?
I know this sounds cliche but a lot of my stories come from either dreams or what if questions. One of my projects SHATTERED ILLUSIONS is based very loosely on my teen years growing
up with a bipolar father.

7. Crossed Out comes out later this year, what can you tell us about it?
CROSSED OUT is a YA paranormal where Stephanie has a secret nightly extracurricular job. Throw in ghosts, a cutie neighbor with his own paranormal abilities, and the hot new kid.

Sounds intriguing

8. Are you working on a new project? Can you tell us more about it?
STEP STONE AWAY is about Jordan Lakes who loves romance and tales of her Aunt Alice. While at her grandmother's house, she finds something that might have belonged to Alice and that ends up putting a whole new twist on romance.

9. Name a celebrity, you’d love to have as a BFF
Either Kate Winslet or Nicole Kidman

10. Listing if your favorites: (add anything else fun you can think of)
Type of shoe--Love my mid heel flip flops. Also love cute flats. It's too warm here in So. Ca or I'd get a pair of cute boots.
Candy--Peppermint patties
Pizza topping--Canadian bacon, mushroom, and pineapple
Genre of books-depends on mood. Right now paranormals and romances
Singer and/or Song--Right now loving Britney Spear's CIRCUS. I also like Evanscence, and Linkin Park.
Restaurant--BJ Brewery
TV show --24
Color--red

11. Have you ever heard “the future” from a psychic? Or are there any good stories behind those visits?
Oh, yes! I've been a few times to see psychics. My mother took all of us to see a psychic which was really amazing as this woman was able to tell me things that I hadn't told anyone, except maybe my journal. She also was right on the predication of my future. Very freaky. I could sense she had the ability to do this too.

While another psychic was more of a joke. My husband went with me and tried to talk me out of it. Sure enough, the psychic told him to leave as he was bringing negative vibes to the reading. Needless to say, he wasn't too happy! The psychic then only told me really basic things and was wrong about how many kids I'd have. She told me two and I only have one. She also was wrong on some other things.

I still believe there are some people who do have this ability. I'm such a sucker for the whole paranormal thing, that I'll probably go see another one in the future.

Cool, I've always wanted to go to a psychic, but I haven't yet. One day...

3 comments:

Linda Joy Singleton said...

Great interview!

Elaine Cantrell said...

Nice interview, Kim. Your writing room sounds wonderful.

Kimbooly said...

Great interview, Kim. I enjoyed reading it. : )