Wednesday, May 13, 2009

You've Got Blackmail

Lauren "Lozzie" Cracknell can't help but get into trouble. She's unfortunately emailed everyone in the school a doctored picture of the school bully. She's also forgotten to mail her mother's exlcusive party invitations. She's not sure who wants to kill her more. On top of that, her sister's mad at her for "borrowing" all her stuff, her parents are in the middle of divorce, and it's possible that her mom might start dating...her English teacher. Could her life get an worse? Lozzie discovers that someone is blackmailing her teacher. Lozzie's determined to uncover the blackmailer's identity. But as things get harder - hiding from the school bully, her room gets ransacked, and her mother opening acknowledges that she's ready to start dating again. Can Lozzie and her friends solve the mystery before things get worse - or before she gets into any more trouble.


I love both the cover and the title (confession: together they made me buy the book). The cover is fresh and striking while the title makes me giggle. I loved the book, the mystery was fun. The friendship between Lozzie and Dex and I love British humor (perfect for fans of Rennison's books). However, I did wish there were more suspects in the mystery, everything wrapped up too soon for me.

2 comments:

Bookworm said...

I totally agree with the cover and title. The plot sounds unique and fun. And I love British humor, too. And don't even get me started on the awesome accents! (:

Readingjunky said...

I'll be keeping an eye out for this one. Your review makes it sound like fun.

RJ