Thursday, October 29, 2009

Saw: Michael Scott

On Saturday, I traveled to Madison to visit RJ Julia Booksellers


where I saw Michael Scott of The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series Fame

where he read the the latest novel: The Sorceress and answered questions.

Some cool things he said:

1. A book is really one Big fat lie
2. Readers become writers
3. Scents and colors from the magic gives your a visionary but more importantly smell to connect with the characters
4. It's a 6 book series (Somewhere I thought it was a 5 book series, so that makes me wicked happy)
5. He came up with the concept and then outlines all 6 books
6. All the characters (except for Sophie and Josh) are all real characters from history and you can research them
7. Flamel wasn't the original hero, Dr. Dee might have been except that Scott went to this house:

and it changed his mind a little.

Here we are together after he signed my books

and here's a READ poster I made:


and if you want to know more about the series, here's the book trailer I made for the first book (which is actually our middle school book club pick for November)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these books -- and I was just as relieved as you were to find out it was a six book series. I had somehow convinced myself it was only a trilogy. Imagine my surprise after reading "The Sorceress!"