Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Review: Fat Cat

Cat wants to win the science fair. In order to do so, she's going to need a killer project and she comes up with an idea to makeover herself. While Cat is smart and amazing -she's by no means thin. Now her project will force her to radically change her ways and become a better version of herself - just just thin, but healthy.

Cat decides that she will eat a Neanderthal diet - nuts, vegetables, fruits, and grains that would have been available. This means giving up her Diet Cokes and her processes food. She will also walk most places and go without electronics except when necessary and for safety reasons.

Will her project be good enough to beat her ex-best friend. What will she say to confront him about his past behavior? Will her new look gain her more attention or will people treat her exactly the same?

My Thoughts: I picked this book up because Meg Cabot wrote about it on her blog (and it's a known fact that I adore her). So I wasn't surprised when I didn't want to put this book down - there's an interesting science project, friendship, a little romance, and a past friendship drama to straighten out. I really liked hearing about the project and the food cooked - while Cat is losing weight, I think this is a foodie book and a very good one.

The Cover: Interesting, I like it.

Source: ILL from another library

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I keep seeing this one and it definitely sounds intriguing. Love the idea of "going Neanderthal." Gonna try and read it once I get all the Nutmegs out of the way!

Disgruntled Bear said...

Love your blog! I just nominated you for a beautiful blogger award on mine. Take care!

sandrabbw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.