Thursday, April 8, 2010

Review: Princess for Hire

Desi hates her current job, especially when her ex-best friend stops by with the boy she's liked forever and humiliates her. She breaks down in the break room after the experience. Her boss invites her to make a wish with his lucky blue fish. Desi wishes to make a difference. She drags herself home that night and into a bubble bath where she reads the wanted ads looking for another job.

She spots a unique ad - that sparkles. As she's reading it, one bubble grows larger and larger until a woman steps out of it. Desi appears to have magical abilities and she might be of service to Princesses around the world.

With a touch of rouge (blush) she looks just like the princesses she's impersonating - princesses who need a little time off. No one knows Desi isn't the real deal. Her first assignment comes quickly to a mousy princess. Desi steps in and makes some decisions that could change both their lives. In making key choices does she over step her bounds? Will her unique way in helping her charges become the new thing or strikes against her?

My Thoughts: The first book in a new series - sweet, fun and entertaining. As a character - Desi grows with each new task set before her. I fully admit that I LOVE princess books - so I was super excited to read this one and I wasn't disappointed - Very much looking forward to the next books in the series.

The Cover: Reading the book makes me understand it better, but I have to admit I don't love it.

Source: My Library

2 comments:

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Great review, but I'm surprised to hear you don't like the cover - how come? And I really can't wait to read this one too! :D

Jessica said...

I've heard good things about this one...officially added to my TBR list!