Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Favorite Banned Books

From my Childhood:

I read this book a lot and loved it each time.


I read this book until it fell apart. I still have it. We also chose this book for our Halloween read last year for the 4th and 5th grade book club


From the college years:

I fell in love with this series at the end of the first chapter and have been hooked ever since.


From life as a teen librarian:

I'm a sucker for ANYTHING Meg Cabot writes (she's the reason I'm a teen librarian - no seriously)


This is SUCH a powerful book, every teen should read it


No only do I love this book, but I love the cover (which some bookstore refused to stock)


Hilarious series, I laughed my way through this one.


I could go on and on...but I'll stop with these

What are some of your favorite banned/challenge reads?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You know it's funny...I never read "Blubber." At some point I think I'll have to go back and check it out. As for the rest, I am a huge supporter of "Speak," it's a super important book for all libraries to have available to teens. Personally, I thought it was powerful...
I LOVE Harry Potter and the Georgia Nicholson series, too, and Oh. My. Gods. is one of my favorite books...funny how many banned books I actually own!

La Coccinelle said...

I think I probably read Blubber as a kid, but I don't remember it. Loved The Witches, though; I remember having to do a book report on it in Grade 5.

One of my favourite banned books is probably Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Oh, and To Kill A Mockingbird. And Deenie!

Geez... They don't want us to read anything good, do they?