Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mysterious Saturday Review: Roast Mortem

Clare and her ex-mother-in-law are visiting a friend, when the cafe goes up in flames. As firemen come to her rescue, she finds herself grateful to the men who helped save her friends' lives.

She recalls hearing the fire start in a whoosh and doesn't believe it was an accident. Clare's not going to let this go without a fight. The chief of the department likes Clare, a little too much. He's also the cousin of her boyfriend and they hate each other. Mike asks her to stay away from his cousin.

However, circumstances keep throwing them together. Clare knows there's a story behind the cousins' hostility. She doesn't know why either man won't tell her the truth.

When another coffee house catches fire, Clare knows the fires are connected. One of the fireman dies in the fire. One of the firefighters begins thinks the death is suspicious - maybe murder. Is someone targeting coffee shops around the city for a reason and the firemen. Could Clare's shop be next?

My Thoughts: This is 9th in the series. While I don't drink coffee, I love this series. I like Clare and her need to protect those in world in danger. I love her relationship with her employees and her ex-mother-in-law.

Cover: Interesting, but not my favorite of the series.

Sources: ILL

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm kind of a huge coffee freak so I love the concept of this series. I've seen them around but haven't read any yet. I think I might have to after your review!