Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tween Tuesday Review: The Dead End

Casey and her best friend Jillian have an awesome summer planned together. They're going to hang out, meet cute boys, and go on double dates.

Then Casey's mom shares the family news that wipes away all of Casey's plans. Her parents bought a house in New Hampshire and they're going to spend the whole summer fixing it up.

Casey can't believe her bad luck. The house is an old creepy house situated outside of a small country town. There's almost nothing to do there. Plus Casey swears it's haunted.

When she discovers an old journal from a girl who used to live there, she can't help but see the parallels of both their lives. Soon she starts dreaming about the past and the future. With all the creepy things that keep happening to Casey, she can't wait until the end of summer.

My Thoughts: A cute spooky read perfect for Halloween. I love hauntings of the house, but I hated how Casey's parents never believed in her. I loved the dreams from the book and they gave Casey confidence. It's also the start of the Poison Apple series. I'm already looking forward to the next book.

Cover Thoughts: Spooky and cute! I love the blend of black and purple.

Source: Inter-Library Loan

1 comment:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I love the Candy Apple books so I'm excited to see the Poison Apple line-perfect for tween girls who want paranormal without the teen angst!