Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Fundraising the Dead

Nell loves her job at the The Society for the Preservation of Pennsylvania Antiques where she works as the Head of Development. On the day of the year's biggest gala, a board member comes to her irate that some materials donated from her family turn up missing.

Nell promises to look into the matter. She questions Alfred, the cataloger. He mentions that he can't find several items and promises to give Nell a list.

The party goes off without a hitch. Nell comes into the society the next day and discovers Alfred's body. After the police determine Alfred's death was an accident, Nell digs further into the missing items.

Is there a connection between the items and the death?

My Thoughts: Sheila Connolly writes Orchard series, which I love. I was curious about her new series. Working in a library - I felt a connection with the agency. I loved how Nell and Marty took matters into their own hands. I love how the three women came tog ether and the sting operation they set up. I love the character development of Nell - how she stood up for herself. I loved the ending. I can't wait to read more from this series.

Cover Thoughts: Cute - even though its doesn't look anything like the crime scene

Source: Purchased

Add it to GoodReads

Up Next: Let's Play Dead - out July 5th (GoodReads)

No comments: