Sunday, March 20, 2011

Review: Family Affair

Lacey's dealing with the aftermath of a very painful divorce. She's trying to put her life back together. To get away from the pain, she moved. Now she has a job that she loves, but a boss who doesn't appreciate her. She needs to ask for a raise, but can't stand up for herself.

Her personal life isn't much better. She hasn't started dating again, although her BFF Jeanne thinks it's time. Her neighbor keeps asking her out. Jack's cute, but the arguments he has with his girlfriend prevent her from taking a second look at him.

When Jack's cat impregnates Lacey's cat, she marches over there to give him a piece of her mind, and opens a door she didn't know existed.

My Thoughts: I have the same problem with this cute novella that I have with a lot of short stories. I WANT MORE! This would have made a charming book. I hate becoming attached to characters and then the tale ends. Not that the story isn't wrapped up, it was just so interesting that I would have liked a full length tale.

Cover Thoughts: Adorable!

Source: My Library

No comments: