Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tween Tuesday Review: Time-Traveling Fashionista

Louise loves vintages clothes. She can't believe her luck when an invitation arrives to a traveling vintage fashion sale. The invitation is just in time as she needs a dress to wear to the seventh grade dance.

She drags along her best friend and searches the racks until she finds a pink dress. It calls to her. At first the two saleswomen hesitate at her trying on the dress, but then they change their minds.

As soon as Louise puts on the dress, she stumbles into a time-wrap where she becomes a Hollywood star from the early 1900s. At first, everything's wonderful, as Alice Baxter is gorgeous and owns the most wonderful clothes. Soon Louise realizes that ship she's traveling across the ocean is the Titanic.

Louise must figure out how to save herself from one of histories most tragic disasters.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - I loved the vintage feel of the dresses, the elegance of the ship, and the difference between Louisa and Alice. I loved reading about the luxury of the ship and the differences in classes. I found Louisa to be charming, sweet, smart, resourceful, determined, and a girl with a wicked sense of fashion. I can't wait to read more of Louisa's adventures. Goodreads

Cover Thoughts: The ARC cover background is different - it's purple and there's a pocket-watch on it as well as a photo of the Titanic. There are no bubbles or sparkles.

Art: In the ARC there are sketches of dresses - I can't WAIT to see full color. They look amazing.

Source: requested from Little Brown and Company

Publication Date: April 5th

Up Next: Louise heads to France during Marie-Antoinette's reign coming out April 2012

1 comment:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I have this one in my TBR pile-it looks so cute! Glad to know it is-I just love the idea of the book!