Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Review: Whatever Happened to Goodbye

Mclean's family has been torn apart. Her parents went through a nasty divorce. Her mom has a brand new family. Mclean wants nothing to do with her.

She lives with her dad who moves frequently due to his job. Mclean's become a different person with every more - starting off with a clean slate.

With the latest move, it seems she's becoming more like her old self. She still doesn't play or talk basketball. Mclean's been running from her old life and her old self for so long. Now shes finding it hard to become herself again.

Dave just might be the person to help her become the person she's meant to be, not the person she's been trying to hide.

My Thoughts: I LOVED this book - I'm such a huge Sarah Dessen fan. I Loved how other characters popped up from her previous novels. I'm so intrigued by Jason after disliking him so in Truth About Forever. I loved the journey of Mclean - how she held back from people and how she finally let people past her walls. I felt for Mclean - sad, heartbroken, and hopeful. Sarah Dessen is a master of writing teen contemporary romances. It's impossible not to fall in love with her books and her characters.

Cover Thoughts: I love it. I really like the addition of the pink curtains.

Source: My Library

No comments: