Friday, July 8, 2011

Ten Things: Patriotic Movies



I meant to put this up last week, but had some things to deal with and thus, it's a week late, but better late then never...

My Dad teaches history to high school students (not the high school I went too). We watched a lot of history movies. We went to a lot of historical places on vacation. There was a time when I was annoyed by that, but in college, things changed. I went to Gettysburg during a volunteer trip. While the expert we went with was great, he wasn't my Dad and I spent the whole trip wishing he was there with me. Now I go these places on my own - with my husband. We watch the same types of movies (although not the documentaries). I read a lot of historical fiction. Basically, I'm a history girl. Who would have guessed?



So here are the top movies that I feel represent patriotism

Patriot
LinkGettysburg
Last of the Mohicans
John Adams
LinkNational Treasure

here are some additions from my Dad:
Memphis Belle
Green Berets
Midway
A Bridge too Far
Patton

No comments: