Monday, August 8, 2011

Review: Stepping On Roses volume 1

Sumi's brother keeps bringing home young children. They're orphans. Sumi loves her new family, but they can barely afford to feed themselves.

Then she learns that her brother has taken credit against her name. The landlord wants to kick them all out.

Sumi doesn't know what to do.

An answer comes in the form of a marriage proposal.

It would be a marriage in name only - Sumi isn't supposed to fall in love with her potential husband. He certainly won't love her. Marriage would mean financial ease for herself and her family, but it also means leaning how to become a lady.

While Sumi's heart belongs to someone else, she's not sure this is the best opportunity. However, she needs to solve her money issues fast!

My Thoughts: I don't read many graphic novels, I'm trying to start reading more. Earlier this year, I purchased a large order of them. This series I bought because it caught my eye. It's been pretty popular so far. I liked it. There are some heavier issues mentioned in this series. I loved the art. The review from SLJ compares Sumi to Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady - I love that assessment. I checked out book 2 and 3 to read, perhaps later tonight.

Cover Thoughts: Really Cute!

Source: My Library

1 comment: