Thursday, August 11, 2011

Review: Touch of Frost

Gwen's life has been turned upside down in the past few months. She's misused her gift (touching objects tells her secrets) - which saved a girl. Knowing the truth kept the girl save, but it also involved her mother in a deadly car accident.

Now, Gwen's attending the private Mythos Academy where the student are all deadly warriors -all them except her. She has her Gypsy power, but it's not much in comparison. Their powers are all about strength, deadly weapon training, magic, and descedants from mythical creatures. In short, Mythos Academy is the training ground for a deadly battle against good vs. evil.

Gwen doesn't believe in the hype. She doesn't believe the stories from lessons actually occurred.

She also doesn't have a single friend on campus.

When a girl dies during her shift at the library and an important and valuable actifact stolen, Gwen can't believe the lack on concern. The next day, life goes on as usual. Sure, everyone's talking about Jasmine - how mean and horrible she was or wondering who will take her spot in the running for the Homecoming Queen. Gwen didn't like Jasmine, but even Jasmine deserves come closer to her murder.

Gwen's determined to solve the reason for Jasmine's death.


My Thoughts: I really loved this book. I loved learning more about this world based deep in mythology. I loved watching Gwen uncover clues about her life and blossom. I loved watching her turn into a friend to Daphne. Their relationship evolved from the first chapter - as they traded insults and snarky banter to a friendship. I loved the library scenes (as usual). I loved the relationship between Gwen and her grandmother. I really loved the banter between Gwen and Logan! All in all, lots of laughs, danger, and mystery. I'm super excited for the next book coming out in a few months

Cover Thoughts: I LOVE this cover. I especially love the sword at the end of Frost. The cover is mysterious with a hint of danger

Source: my Library

Up Next: Kiss of Frost coming out November 29th

No comments: