Monday, September 12, 2011

BBWA: Cultivating a Community of Bloggers and Readers.

Highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog.


I started blogging ages and ages ago - first on myspace and then later on blogger.

It took me a while before I started blogging at least 6 times a week. Something The Story Siren wrote made me blog each week day.

Then I started writing up reviews for the cozy mysteries I read. I made the mysteries posts on Saturday - as a weekly feature. I love the weekly features on so many blogs.

GreenBean Teen Queen - another librarian blogger started Tween Tuesday Reviews - which makes me make more of a conscious effort to read tween books

I love the connection between Twitter and blogs. That's were I found That Cover Girl - a unique book blog. It's also where I first heard of If You Like... posts from Melanie from the Reclusive Bibliophile. Here's the latest one on Project Runway. I LOVE the idea of If You Like... posts

I talk about books the most with my librarian friend Jess started the I Read to Relax blog - it gave us more books to talk about (not that we needed that - both of our TBR piles have grown considerably since then!).

I love how the sharing within this community, I love the differences of books posted, the opinions shared, and the friendship between people I've never met but hope to meet one day. I love being a part of this community!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this community, too! And I've loved your blog for months and months. Thanks for making the YA book blogging community a better place here, and on Twitter. <3

@parridhlantern said...

I'm not aware of any of these here, so thanks for the introduction.

Erin said...

This community is the best! I only know of the Story Siren from your list, but the others you mentioned sound interesting. Thanks for pointing me in their direction! I hope you're enjoying BBAW so far.

Jessica said...

Awww...I'm glad I'm part of your blogging community, Jen! You've turned me on to some great books (including some of those cozy mysteries) and I hope I can continue to do the same for you!!