Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mysterious Saturday Review: Deadly Cliche

After a hurricane, Olivia and her poodle Haviland escape the house and talk a walk on the beach. They come across a decaying body buried in the sand.

Olivia's just starting to feel comfortable in town. She's reaching out to help people, especially those in her writing group. Laurel, a stay at home mom, decides that she needs to get out of the house. Olivia encourages her to apply for a job at the newspaper. She gives her an alibi and tags along with her to the first interview.

Laurel's interested in writing more about recent home burglaries. She discovers a common thread between them. However, Laurel's having a hard time getting her family to support her decisions. Could her work be putting her family and Olivia in danger?

Could the burglaries be part of something bigger?

My Thoughts: The second book in the Books By the Bay series (First in the series: Killer Plot - you can read my review here). I love the writing circle and reading the character's works. I find them fascinating. I loved how Olivia helped Laurel. I enjoyed their scenes together. I loved how Olivia and the Chief might have romance in the works. A thoroughly enjoyable read!

Cover Thoughts: Cute! I love how all the books have the lighthouse on the cover!

Source: Inter-Library Loan

Up Next: The Last Word coming in December!


No comments: