Monday, November 7, 2011

Review: Future of Us

Josh and Emma used to be best friends, but that was before Josh tried to kiss Emma. Now they talk, but their friendship has an awkwardness that they can't seem to get past.

Then Josh brings over an AOL disk for Emma's new computer. Emma logs in and immediately sees Facebook - and herself in the future. She's married. Curious, she calls Josh.

Together, they try to figure out what Facebook could be and who they are in the future. They realize that the actions of today changes the outcome of their future.

What will they change?

My Thoughts: I LOVED this book- it hooked me from the beginning. However, my teen years were the 90s when AOL and dial-up internet were in fashion. I hope that today’s teens can relate to the story because it was great. I loved the friendship turned romance. I loved how Emma changed her future with knowledge of Facebook. I loved the alternative perspectives. I’ll be so curious to see if teen gobble it up as fast as I did.

Cover Thoughts: I like it, but it's hard to see what's in the background. I like the fuzziness- as the future changes.

Source: BEA Arc

Comes out: November 21st

No comments: