Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Review: Home for the Holidays

It's winter in Concord, MA and it's not turning out like anyone expects.

Cassidy discovers that her family might be moving back to California. She's finally adjusted and loves her life in New England.

Becca's father has lost his job. They family's struggling, but doesn't want their friends to find out. Their family is still going on the cruise with Megan's family.

Megan's boyfriend broke up with her...in an e-mail. She's feeling horrible about herself. She boosts up her confidence with a boy on the cruise.

Jess was supposed to go to Switzerland for the winter holidays, but when she breaks her leg sledding, she's forced to hang out with her family. Her family's going to New Hampshire for the holidays.

Emma's invited to spend the holidays with Jess. Jess is moping and soon the two of them are fighting.

To top off all the arguments, their secret santa gifts have all been flops. Will their friendships survive the holidays?

My Thoughts: I'm sad this is the last book of the series, though once again, I'm happy the series ending with a Christmas story. I loved reading about the friendship, the drama, and the romance with these characters almost as much as I loved reading about the books they've been reading. A fabulous series! I've never read the Betsey-Tacy books, but after reading this, I think it's a series I'll be reading next year.

Cover Thoughts: Cute and fit in nicely with the rest of the series


Source: My Library


Challenge: a personal goal to read 10 Christmas Books this year

1 comment:

LM Preston said...

Aww, I love reading Christmas focused books during this time of year. The great thing about it is that makes a book timeless. I'm adding the series to my tbr pile :-D