Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: Taken By Storm

 * 3rd book in the series *

Bryn has power to survive almost anything. She's not sure she's going to survive this latest trouble. Shay calls a Senate meeting.

There'a rabid werewolf on the loose, leaving bodies in remote locations. This rogue werewolf must be taken care of. However Shay has reason to believe this werewolf just might be female.

He has a plan ready to set in motion, but his plan involves crossing territories that aren't his. Together with Callum's help, Bryn gains one week to confirm her fears, that the werewolf is Maddy and try to bring her back into the pack.

Bryn knows that deep down Shay's wants her land, but especially her pack which contains the majority of female werewolves. Bryn will die fighting for her pack; she'll do anything to survive his attack. Unless she's not strong enough - this time.

My Thoughts: This is my favorite werewolf series - hands down! I adore Jennifer Lynn Barnes and her books.


I love Bryn for her strength, loyalty, determination, and her love. She's such a strong powerful character. I adore her snark and her wit. I love the depth of her friendships with Lake and Devon. I liked learning more about Lake's emotions. As always, I found Devon charming and funny. They have great banter. 


Plot twists came at me out of nowhere and dumbfounded me. I needed to moment to breath and to wrap my head around it again. Just as I suspected one thing, everything changed again. The twists were shocking and sometimes heartbreaking. There were sad moments in this book, but moments that I understood needed to happen. 


I love the way it ended, a fabulous book that I devoured.


More Coming? Here's the Jen says on her blog:I can’t say for sure that this is the last book I’ll ever write about Bryn, but I can say that I would be happy with it as a finale if it were—. Personally, I hope there's more coming because I adore this series.
Cover Thoughts: I really like it! Source: My Library

1 comment:

Mundie Moms said...

Great review! I can not wait to go pick this book up. I'm waiting for pay day. LOL I agree, I love this series!