Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mysterious Saturday Review: A Witch Before Dying

 * second book in the series - Read my review for the first book*

Darcy works for her aunt at As You Wish - helping mortals with projects and witches with projects and wishes. She agrees to help out fellow witch Eloide clean out her mother's home.

Eloide's mother has been missing for over a year. Eloide can't afford rent on both houses anymore. She has no idea what happened to her mother but her mother had a very powerful wishing necklace, which plenty of people would love to find.

While in the house, Darcy and Eloide find a body and it's been there for quite some time. Now Eloide wants Darcy to look into her mother's murder. There's been rumors surrounding her disappearance. Can Darcy separate truth from all the rumors and can she figure out the murder and what really happened to the necklace?

My Thoughts: A charming new installment to this series. I love the small town setting, complete with humans and witches. I really like learning about the craft rules along with Darcy, who's new to town. I adore Mimi and I like how she and Darcy are learning together.  Plus I'm so interest to find what happens next between Darcy and Nick! I find the town characters fascinating, although not all delightful. I can't wait to learn more about Harper. I liked learning about the necklace, especially it's history and it's power. A great cast of potential murderers proved creepy, making this a fun light enjoyable read.

Cover Thoughts: Cute - I love the glittery swirls however, the woman is MUCH to thin on the cover.
Source: My Library
Up Next: The Good, The Bad, and the Witchy will be out next April

No comments: