Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review: Winter White

 *book 2 in the Belles series- read my review of book 1*

Izzie and Mira were shocked to discover the big family secret. They're trying to cope from it and trying to show the world they're one happy family.

Izzie's trying to become more a part of Emerald Cove. She wants to do actual good with the Butterflies besides throw parties. Izzie knows real people who could use their help. She's tired of not taking action.

Mira's trying to pick up the pieces of her life. Her old friends aren't interested in her. She's happily working on her art, but could that get her into trouble too?

Both are are simply trying to put their best foot forward. Cotillion practice sessions and hazing heats up. Old rivalries, jealous feelings, and manipulations wreck havoc with relationships. Plus with someone leaking family information to the press, Izzie and Mira wonder if the only person they can trust is each other. 

My Thoughts: I LOVE this series. It's the perfect book filled with family drama, romances, and teen angst - just like all Jen Calonita's other books. While on the surface, it's a fantastic light novel, it also deals with heavy issues. 
I like Izzie's quest for helping others less fortunate than she is now and I feel her frustration at the other girls. I like how Mira's becoming less shallow and more...a person. I like reading about the politics, and the behind the scenes in a political aspiring family. I like reading about the different family dynamics in a rich town, in a way it reminds me of Gilmore Girls. 

I'm dying for the next book - Book 3 - The Grass is Always Greener coming out in April.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: Little Brown -Thanks!
Winter White comes out in October

No comments: