Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Fall of Night

*Morganville Vampires Series #14*

Claire has the chance to study at MIT and leave Morganville behind. After what happened with Shane, she's ready for some time to herself to figure things out.

She's always wanted to go to MIT. She has the chance to work with a scientist for an independent project. The first time she meets her mentor, Claire tells her about an invention that she's been working on.

It has the ability to shock vampires and take away their abilities. Her new mentor is very interested in this project, but mentions that it needs to be kept a secret from the rest of the vampire world.  Her mentor has a vampire watching over her; Claire's shocked to see a vampire outside of Morganville. While part of her still craves the normal college experience, she can't risk it. Especially when others learn of her invention. Claire's not the only one interested in it's powers and those people will do anything to get their hands on it. 
My Thoughts: Somehow I missed this one when it first came out. I love this vampire series; it's one of two that I still read. I loved the change in setting and the introduction of more characters. But I loved the way the main characters found themselves together again. There's always danger in their lives and they're good at watching each other's backs. I love the feel of family and togetherness - how your family is of your own choosing. I loved seeing the tiny glimpse into MIT and Claire's could be world if she never attended college in Morganville in the first place. What a very different life she would be leading. I love her intelligence and her determination to take care of herself (especially to show Shane she doesn't need rescuing). This book set up the next one perfectly, with a cliffhanger. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

No comments: