Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

This week's topic is Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign. I fully confess that I'm one of those people who judges a book by their cover (Who doesn't really?"). There are some books that sounds great, but I just can't get past the cover. Or there are some books which are great, but their covers simply don't match the story. That drives me nuts too. Sometimes, the paperback version fixes these issues, but not always. So I'm dividing the post today in two - focusing on all teen books

Covers that don't match the story:

Keep on Holding On: LOVE the book, it's amazingly good and haunting, but the cover doesn't match the story. The paperback is better.

Break My Hear 1,000 Times: A creepy ghost story, but the cover doesn't reflect that at all.

Our Song: Love the book, the cover feels too happy for this book.

Alanna: Great story, but I've never found a cover I like. This one is the best of them all.

Hex Hall: Love the books - don't understand the covers - even thought they are pretty.

Hourglass: Love this book series and while the covers are gorgeous, I have no idea how they fit the story.

Covers I don't like:

Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library: Great book and I understand the cover, but it's too busy. 

Vampire Academy - great story - cheesy cover. Again the paperback's better, but not amazing.

Monsoon Summer: Another book I really liked, but can't get the teens at my library to read because of the cover. 

Reality Check: Love this book, but the dolls are kinda creepy

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I would have never guessed that Break My Heart was a ghost story. The cover and title are very misleading.

Jessica said...

It really bugs me when the cover doesn't match the story. Esp. when they have a person on the cover, and it does not match the description of them in the book. At all. I haven't read Reality Check yet, but yes, that cover is kind of weird.

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

I was sooooo annoyed by how romancey KEEP HOLDING ON was, yes! It's so off-base! The newer ALANNA cover was my favorite; it made my wish I didn't have a bad version, lol. Blame the fantasy genre in general for this one. I did earlier today w/one of my TTT, lol. I don't understand the HEX HALL covers much either (What is with the cat!?), but I do like them. And...I haven't read HOURGLASS yet (waited for all 3 to come out...now I just need TIME), but the covers are what caught my eye! That, and I love her agent, Holly Root! LOL