Wednesday, January 29, 2014

54 Reading Questions: Book Meme

I saw this on tumblr and thought it looked fun:
  • 1. Favorite childhood book? The Potter's Kitchen
  • 2. What are you reading right now? Taste of Darkness
  • 3. What books do you have on request at the library? 13 books including Home of the Braised and First Love
  • 4. Bad book habit? Library hoarding (taking out too many books)
  • 5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? 23 books including Vitro, The Offering, and Darkest Fear
  • 6. Do you have an e-reader? Yes, but rarely used
  • 7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? Several at once (usually one upstairs, one downstairs, and one at work)
  • 8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Yes, I read more
  • 9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far)? West of the Moon
  • 10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? Wildflower and Racing Savannah
  • 11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? I try to do it every few months
  • 12. What is your reading comfort zone? Books with happy endings that don't make me cry
  • 13. Can you read on the bus? No
  • 14. Favorite place to read? Couch
  • 15. What is your policy on book lending? Depends on the book (if signed by the author), but I lend them to family and friends
  • 16. Do you ever dog-ear books? No
  • 17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? Only in college
  • 18. Not even with text books? Only in college
  • 19. What is your favourite language to read in? English
  • 20. What makes you love a book? Connection to characters 
  • 21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? Great characters and plot
  • 22. Favorite genre? romance, cozy mystery, contemporary, high fantasy 
  • 23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)? nonfiction
  • 24. Favorite biography? Dark Dreams (Stephen King)
  • 25. Have you ever read a self-help book? Not that I recall
  • 26. Favourite cookbook? Pinterest these days
  • 27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? The Sparkle Factory 
  • 28. Favorite reading snack? I don't have one
  • 29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. The hype isn't always to be believed - or it isn't the right book for me. Revolution was one a few years back that people raved about, but I couldn't get in to.
  • 30. How often do you agree with critics about a book? Rarely, but often with bloggers
  • 31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I try to say something positive if I need to review it, I know that just because I didn't like it, someone else will.
  • 32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose? French (but that was in high school and college where I could read it)
  • 33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? I don't read intimidating books
  • 34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? I should read The Fault in Our Stars, but I don't want to cry like a baby.
  • 35. Favorite Poet? Shel Silverstein 
  • 36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? 30-40
  • 37. How often have you returned books to the library unread? frequently
  • 38. Favorite fictional character? Mr. Darcy
  • 39. Favorite fictional villain? Voldemort
  • 40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? Romance books
  • 41. The longest I’ve gone without reading. Never
  • 42. Name a book that you could/would not finish. I can't remember the last one.
  • 43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? TV
  • 44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? Pride and Prejudice
  • 45. Most disappointing film adaptation? Alex Rider
  • 46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time? Estimation: for myself, $50, not sure about gifts
  • 47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never
  • 48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? Didn't connect to the book
  • 49. Do you like to keep your books organized? By importance and author and genre
  • 50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? Depends on the book
  • 51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? Some, which I've heard are great. TFIOS and Code Name Verity, because I don't want to cry.
  • 52. Name a book that made you angry. Stats: The Biggest Number in Sports (not enough mentions of female sports)
  • 53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? Bomb
  • 54. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? Regency Romances

1 comment:

Bookworm Central said...

many thanks for sharing these collection of valuable books in the field of innovation!