Friday, January 17, 2014

Review: Going Rogue

* Book 2 in the AKA series - read my review for Book 1 *
The Collective has accused Maggie's parents of stealing priceless gold coins. She knows they're innocent and she's willing to do whatever it takes to prove it.

She didn't figure on getting into fights with her boyfriend and her best friend. Yes, they helped her out of a jam last time, but she's trying to protect them.

Yet, it doesn't quite work out the way Maggie expected. She's keeping everyone except for Angelo in the dark. Could it be her downfall?
My Thoughts: I'm a sucker for spy books and this series is amazingly good. I love Maggie - how she longs to be a normal teen even though her entire life has been different. I like how she gets excited about every day things. I love her sense of loyalty and how she wants to protect her friends. I love Roux and her smart-aleck ways. My heart breaks for her family and school life and I'm glad she and Maggie found each other. I love Jesse and how he wants to look out for Maggie. I loved not knowing who to trust and how the secrets start piling up. A great spy novel with action, danger, family, and friendship.  I can't wait to read more adventures from Maggie and her friends. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: ARC for review

No comments: