Sunday, April 27, 2014

Adult Review: Cottage on Juniper Ridge

 * Book 4 in the Life in Icicle Falls series *

Jen works two jobs to pay for her new condo. She loves it, but she doesn't have any time to enjoy it. Nor does she have time to hang out with her friends and family. When her sister gives her a good about simplifying her life, Jen takes the advice to heart.

She quits her jobs, finds someone to rent her condo, and moves to the quaint town of Icicle Falls.  Can she slow down and enjoy life again or will she miss the hustle of her old ways?
My Thoughts: I love this small town and seeing characters from the previous books. I love the idea of slowing down and enjoying life - sometimes everything seems to passing me by in a blur. This book made me want to start baking all the recipes on my Pinterest board and start creating more.  I loved the ladies of the bookclub and how they started to look at their lives and see pieces that need fixing. I really liked Garrett, especially the banter between him and Jen. Plus the moments between him and his son were precious. A wonderful book that made my reading day, but also got me thinking.

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: My Library

No comments: