Wednesday, June 11, 2014

BEA Photos (recap 3)

This year, I wanted to take more pictures than the previous year. I think I succeeded....These aren't all the authors I met, but it gives you an idea.

Here is Mary Jane Clark - author of the Piper Donovan mystery series, which I love. This is my second time meeting her. 

I walked by at the right moment and caught this photo of Neil Patrick Harris - he was signing chapter samplers of his upcoming chose your own adventure biography. 

Shannon Hale signing Princess Black, which looks super cute. 

Photo with Jennifer Donnelly and Deep Blue. I loved this book, and I'm so looking forward to Rogue Wave.

The fabulous Melissa de la Cruz. I've met her before at BEA and she's so nice. She's also great about supporting libraries. Excited about the adult spin-off of Blue Bloods.

Jane Lynch signing flats - I didn't know she was going to be there. I just walked into the booth and there she was, so I took a photo.

Jane O'Connor signing the newest Fancy Nancy chapter book. I love Nancy.

RL Stine signing his new Fear Street Book - Party Games. I was sent a copy pf this earlier, so I didn't wait in line, which was really long. I'm glad there are more Fear Street books coming out. Loved them as a teen reader. 

Peter Lerangis signing the third book in the Seven Wonders of the World series. He was super nice. I've been trying to meet him for ages. Every time he comes to the local indie bookstore, the timing is horrible for me. But I met him here! 

Rebecca Serle signing Famous in Love, which I read earlier from an ARC. I stood in line  because I wanted to tell her how much I loved it. I was the first person to read it outside her family/publishing world. I loved it for the bookish aspect of the book (among other things)


Sarah J Maas signing Heir of Fire - I stood in this line for just over 2 hours. Yes, I NEEDED this book. I can't wait to read it, but I need to set aside some time because I know I won't want to be bothered. As you can imagine the line was insane, but she was super sweet and signed SO many books.

Jan Brett signing Animals' Santa, which I read and it was really sweet.  While standing in line, they handed out bags from the book.

E. Lockhart signing We Are Liars (which I still need to read) - I wasn't in line, because the line was HUGE, but snuck in a photo.

Heather Demetrios - I loved Something Real and so looking forward to her new series (although EXQUISITE CAPTIVE is very different - but looks great too)

On the last day, the last stop was the Sourcebooks Booth where I met the lovely Miranda Kenneally. She signed copies of Breathe, Annie, Breath

My VOYA quote is on the back of her book! Which I read on the train ride home and loved (as usual) 

If you went, what authors did you get to meet?



No comments: