Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer Time Book Review: Since Last Summer

Books perfect for the beach or to read by the pool

Rory's now the guest for the summer at the Rule house, instead of being the errand girl. She and Isabel are hoping to have the best summer ever.

Rory has an art internship, which leave Isabel alone. The days stretch endlessly before Isabel. She's annoyed with Rory for spending her free time with Connor instead of with her.  She when she meets a boy, who works at a cafe in need of another waitress, she takes the job. She still thinks about Mike from last summer, but Evan could change that.

Rory's having trouble with Connor. They give off the appearance of a happy couple, but the relationship's full of hurt feelings and misunderstandings.

Can Rory and Isabel save their summer?
My Thoughts: I really liked this sequel - set one year later. I loved the feel of summer from the book - the moments on the beach with the waves crashing, the hot sun, and then freedom. I liked seeing both Rory and Isabel working and how their jobs differed.  I liked the summer romances, but more importantly, I loved the friendship between the two girls.

Cover Thoughts: Great
Source: My Library


No comments: