Thursday, July 3, 2014

Review: Defy

Alexa's the best guard in the Palace - so good, she's part of the Prince's personal guard. But she's guarding a huge secret; no one except her twin brother knows that she's a girl.

Luckily her brother always has her back. But when tragedy strikes, Alexa becomes the Prince's primary guard. She sleeps outside his room, desperately trying to keep her secret.

Even she can't stop the powerful sorcerer with her fighting skills. The Prince, another guard, and her are all kidnapped in an attempt to get the king to stop the war. How will she save her Prince when she's surrounded by enemies?
My Thoughts: This book sucked me in and I devoured it. I loved the fighting scenes and the training scenes. I loved Alexa's secret and how it worked to her advantage and disadvantage at times. The king was a horrible horrific person, reminding me of the King from Bitterblue. There was so much evil in this world.  I had to keep turning the pages to see it be defeated.  I like how Alexa held strong, wanting to defend the Prince even though she didn't really like him. But then I loved her getting to know him better and understanding his reasoning. I loved the romance - both of them. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Cover Thoughts: Great
Source: My Library

No comments: