Saturday, October 25, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Inherit the Word

* Book 2 in the Cookbook Nook series
The Cookbook Nook will be hosting the annual Grill Fest - a local cooking competition. Natalie's been the winner the past 8 years and she's looking for her 9th win this year.

During the first round of the competition, someone pulls the fire alarm in the building. Everyone evacuates the shop. When they return to the competition, it's clear that Natalie's missing. They find her body in the alleyway next to the store.

Jenna becomes involved in looking for clues when a close family friend becomes the prime suspect after fighting a day eariler with the deceased. Soon, Jenna's back to asking questions and trying to piece together the mystery of that day.
My Thoughts: Another winner in this series! I loved the cooking competition - so perfect given all the similar shows on TV. The grilled cheese combinations (among other treats) made my mouth water. i like that she's taking cooking lessons from her friends.  I loved the conversations about the long cookbook titles. I loved the talk of cozy mysteries, especially noticing the ones that I've read myself. I felt horrible for Jenna and dealing with her personal life. For the record, I thought something else happened entirely when I read that letter. Still I wasn't expecting that, I sympathized with Jenna. I'm glad she had the support of her friends and family plus that cute kitten of hers to keep her mind occupied.

Cover Thoughts: Fantastic
Source: My Library 

No comments: