Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Sealed with a Lie

 * Sequel to Two Lies and a Spy *
Kari and her brother Charlie are now living in Paris and attending an international school for spies. Kari's still reeling from finding out the truth about her parents, but she's trying to get by. Then the worst thing happens - someone kidnaps her brother.

She's not allowed to go for help;instead she must break a thief out of prison. Luckily, her annoying housemate follows her. Together, with her other friends, they hatch a plan.

Nothing is more important to Kari than her brother. She's desperate to know who took him and why. 
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - for the action, the danger, the banter, and the friendship. I felt horrible for Charlie and his ordeal, I can't imagine what Kari felt as she desperately tried to save her brother. I enjoyed her banter with Evan - snarky, witty, and amusing. Gustav also added some humor into the story. Both the banter and the added humor blended nicely to defuse some of the tension in the story.  I'm curious to see where the story will go after the small cliffhanger.

Cover Thoughts: Ok
Source: My Library

No comments: