Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Influenced Vacations

This week's topic is book that made you want to visit their setting.

Love, Lucy 
for Florence. I 've been there once, but would love to spend more time there.  Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) 
Paris! I need to explore this city so much more

A Blind Spot for Boys 
for Machu Picchu - I would love to see it

Lucky Me
 Ireland - I would love to visit Dublin and the countryside

Embers & Ash (Cold Fury, #3)  
Chicago and the hidden doors of Capone

Sleigh Bells in the Snow (O'Neil Brothers, #1) 
Vermont - a resort in the winter in front of a fire and lots of snow on the ground
The Apple Orchard (Bella Vista Chronicles, #1)
 Spending a week on an artisan farm

Wish You Were Italian (If Only . . . #2)  
Italian countryside

The Geography of You and Me
 Scotland - I've always wanted to go there, since I was a kid. 

Lost in London 
London - I've never been and need to go - one day!

Bonus:
The Maze of Bones (The 39 Clues Series #1) 
The entire series forces the siblings to see amazing place (I'd go without all the danger)


Where do books make you want to travel?

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I've never heard of Love, Lucy but I need this!! I LOVE Florence. BEAUTIFUL CITY. I also had Wish You Were Italian on my list as well! And Anna and Isla...YES SO EASILY TRANSPORTS YOU TO PARIS!!!

Beth Kephart said...

this is so fantastic. a perfect idea for a post (and I love April Lindner and can't wait to read LUCY!)

Tracy said...

I love that you picked locations that you can actually visit! I hope you get to see some of them one day :)

Here are my Top Ten!

La Coccinelle said...

Machu Picchu? There's a novel featuring Machu Picchu? How cool. Yes, that would be an awesome place to visit!

Lakin said...

Awesome list! I would love to go to all of these places too!
My TTT

Hannah @ Tea avec Books said...

Yes! Reading Isla and Anna had me pining to go back to Paris even more! When I do get the chance to go again I'm definitely going to note down some of the places from the books to visit :) x