Saturday, February 7, 2015

Mysterious Saturday Review: Private London

* Book 2 in the Private series * 
Dan Carter must protect a young girl with a troubled past. When the first happens and she's kidnapped on his watch, he will do everything in his power to save her. Especially after it becomes personal.

His goddaughter was sent to watch over Hannah, to befriend her unknowingly. When she's hurt in the attack, Dan vows revenge of the worst kind to her attackers.

The case takes a turn when his ex-wife reads him in on a body found missing organs. She believes the young woman was murdered and her organs used for transplants.

They share information about their respected cases, wondering if they could be connected. Kristy doesn't mind using Private resources if it means she can get the answer faster. 

Can they figure out the answers before something more horrible happens?

My Thoughts: I really like this series - it didn't feature the same protagonist as the first book, but I didn't mind that.  I liked Dan and how protective he was of both Chloe and Hannah. My heart went out to him because of his past - that moment in the military was heartbreaking. I'm glad that he was able to move past it, even if it did cost him personally. I liked how he had to work with his ex-wife on the case. It was personal for both of them, bringing up issues from the past. Kristy was tough and independent. I loved the twists and turns of this book and trying to keep ahead of them in guessing what would happen next. As a result, this one was hard to put down.

Cover Thoughts: I like this cover -it's not the one I had, which I hated, but then again, it's not the cover that made me pick up the book
Source: My Library

Overall Thoughts: If you like thrillers, you can't go wrong with James Patterson. The Private series has enough action and danger to keep you turning the pages as quickly as you can!

No comments: