Thursday, June 11, 2015

Review: Wrong Side of Right

Kate's been sleep walking through her life since her mom died. One day she comes home from school to find the press camped out on her aunt and uncle's lawn - waiting for her.

Kate walks in the house and meets the man running for President - and her father.

She travels to meet her new family for the weekend and ends up staying to help out with the campaign. It's more work that she imagines, but soon she's found her rhythm - until it all goes terribly wrong. 

My Thoughts: I really loved this book - it reminded me of the movie What a Girl Wants. It was sweet and entertaining, but it also made me think about what's important in life, friendships, family, and where I stand on my own political issues.

  • Kate dealing with the death of her mother and what it means to her
  • Kate meeting her new family
  • Kate trying to help out the campaign
  • Learning more about politics 
  • Learning more about the people involved in politics 
  • Thinking more about the big picture issues 
  • Of course the makeover scene
  • Family time vs perfect family in front of the cameras - there were communication issues, as there are in any family. I can't imagine how hard it would be to separate the two.
  • The moments where she could be herself
  • The moments with Andy - I liked the game they played and how it all turned out.
  • Kate discovering who she is and what she stands for

Cover Thoughts: I like it, but it doesn't really show what the book's about
Source: Library

Final Thoughts: I couldn't put this book down.


No comments: