Monday, August 24, 2015

Review: Truly Madly Famously


* Book 2 in the Famous in Love trilogy *
Paige is slowly getting used to fame from her new status as a movie star, but press tours are exhausting. Being half of a famous couple is even more taxing. She needs a break.

One night in a club, she and Rainer have a fight. He leaves but she decides to stay and have more fun. She drinks to much and calls a friend for a ride.

It seems logical, but the friend she called is her other co-star Jordan. She was forced to make a choice between the two boys and she did. But feelings still linger.

Now there are pictures circulating of Jordan and Paige leaving the club together. The pictures make it look like something more.

Now her relationship with Rainer is history - and her career might be too.
My Thoughts: I've noticed a small trend about Hollywood lately in YA books - and I'm really loving it. I tore through this sequel loving the insider information about Hollywood. I liked watching Paige deal with the press. She made poor choices and they blew up in her face, but I liked watching her handle the pressure. I liked seeing Paige fight for roles that she believes in

I liked Alexis - she was smart and knew how to play the game. I love how she shares her secret in a very powerful way. She takes control over her own life and inspires others to do the same. 

I didn't like the drama with Paige and Cassandra, but I loved their time together at her sister's wedding. I liked watching more of Paige and her family interact, especially with her parents. 

Clearly this book still have the love triangle between the three main character - but it works in very best possible way. I can't wait to see what happens next. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: ARC from BEA
Release Date: Look for this book coming out in October 

Final Thoughts: Picking yourself up after being knocked down with romance, family, and friendship drama surrounding you equals one delicious read that you don't want to miss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like this YA-Hollywood trend has been so deliciously explored because it puts characters in the high stakes positions that we all feel like we're living in. Yeah, we don't have to worry about the paparazzi...but sometimes just dealing with our peers can feel like we need a PR team behind us to help! It's hard to imagine the grandiose life movie stars lead, but books that make their feelings relatable and try to give us a glimpse into that fantasy life...well, what could be more fun?