Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mysterious Saturday Review: Spoonful of Murder


* First in a series *
Lucky Jamieson's parents died leaving her their soup cafe in Vermont. Lucky hasn't been back in years, but she puts her life on hold to return home.  As she's struggling to get her feet underneath her, someone's murdered behind the restaurant.

As the numbers of customers dwindle, Lucky begins to lose hope of maintaining the cafe.  She's worried about being able to pay the bills. She decides to poke around in the murder to see if she can uncover any answers. When her cook's arrested for the murder, customers stop coming in all together. The murder needs to be solved - and quickly. The more questions, Lucky asks, the more she riles up town people. Could she be next on the list?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this cozy mystery - especially the setting. As a Vermont girl, I felt like going home and hunkering down for the cold winter nights. I loved the small town and the local people.

I liked Lucky, although I thought she made several questionable decisions. I did like how she attempted to patch things up with her former friend. I also admired how she's attempting to re-imagine her life back in Vermont, even without her parents.

I loved Lucky's grandfather.He was smart, sweet, and a gentlemen. I hope to see much more of him in the series. 

I loved the moments of cooking in the cafe, it made me want to eat a delicious sandwich and a hot bowl of soup.

Cover Thoughts: Perfectly cozy
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: A good mystery to curl up with on cold winter's night with a bowl of soup in front of the fire. 

No comments: