Monday, October 5, 2015

Review: All We Have is Now

The end of the world is coming - Emerson and Vince are counting down the minutes. They've lived on the streets together for years and they want to die together. They make a choice about how their lives will end, by jumping off a bridge together.

But they meet a man who changes their mind. He talked about helping people with his last moments. He gives the two teens his wallet in hopes that they pay it forward.

That moment changes Everything.

Instead of jumping, they do as he requested helping a couple find romance, rescuing kids, and brightening lives. Vince wants Emerson to find and reconnect with her family, He also wouldn't mind sharing his feelings for Emerson with her. Can the end of the world really change your life?
My Thoughts: I Loved this book. It had many fantastic passages. I thought I had taken a picture of them, but it turns out that didn't happen.) The two that struck home for me were about the library and the carousel. 

I loved the idea behind this book - choosing who to spend your time with and what to do with your potentially last hours alive. I loved the Paying it forward idea. Emerson and Vince made connections that made me heart melt.

I liked thinking about their choices and what my own would have been. I liked learning people's dreams and their biggest hopes. And also their biggest regrets.

I love how the lives were connected in the story.

I felt bad for Emerson and Vince and their struggles that forced them to live on the streets, but I'm glad that they had each other. I like how they were able to make each other laugh, even in the darkest of times. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it!
Source: My Library
Similar Reads:

Final Thoughts: A fantastic book that made me think of my hopes and dreams and what I want out of life. And maybe more importantly, what I can do to make lives better for others. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds like an intriguing idea for a book, plus I like the cover. As horrible it is to think of the world ending, I guess knowing you only had hours left would be quite freeing, I mean you've got nothing to loose have you. I've always liked the 'paying it forward' idea and try to do this as much as I can in my life at the moment. Great review, I'm definitely interested in reading this one.