Monday, February 15, 2016

BBWA: 5 Books that Represent Me


Pride and PrejudiceThe Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books that I discovered in high school (thanks to Clueless)
I discovered The Princess Diaries in graduate school and it lead to me becoming a YA Librarian

841061Loves Music, Loves to Dance
Winter Dreams, Christmas Love was an early romance that I read and adored. I wanted more books just like it.
Loves Music, Loves to Dance was my first jump into adult books in 7th grade. There wasn't too many YA novels that I read, but I tore through Mary Higgins Clark.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
I discovered the Harry Potter series thanks to my Dad when I was in college. I fell hard for Harry and his friends after the end of the first chapter. I love Hermoine who's bookish and brave, smart and pretty, and loyal. 

Honorable Mentions: 
Throne of Glass because I love books about strong feisty characters who kick butt
Book of Three: Based on Welsh mythology (I'm 1/4 Welsh) and an excellent high fantasy book

13 comments:

Beth F said...

Great list! I didn't love Book of Three as much as you did, though.

Jeanne said...

Do you like the other Chronicles of Prydain? I had to list Harry Potter, too!

Anonymous said...

I love how many people are including Harry Potter in their #BBAW introduction lists. It makes my heart grow three sizes. :D :D

Jennifer Rummel said...

Yes, I love the others in the Chronicles of Prydain series too!

Reading with Jade said...

Harry Potter also featured on my list, how could it not?!

Reading With Jade

Words for Worms said...

Hahahah I love that you read P&P because of Clueless. I'd seen Clueless so many times that by the time I got around to reading Emma, I kept mentally assigning the characters their Clueless counterparts. I was, of course, totally buggin'.

Kay said...

Great picks! Harry Potter is popping up everywhere, as he should. And I have loved so many of Mary Higgins Clark's books in the past. Have you read any of them lately?

Marce said...

Mary Higgins Clark is the author that made me a mystery, thriller, crime lover.

Shelley said...

No doubt that Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter are just the best!

Unknown said...

Love Mary Higgins Clark! She's definitely high on my list of favorite authors. Nice to "meet" you!

Memory said...

YES PRYDAIN YES.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I was just thinking about Clueless the other day--it helped me discover Billie Holiday. ;) I was floored when I learned that Clueless was an adaptation of Emma.

Shanaya Tales said...

I liked your list. Harry Potter is an all time fav, and I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice for the very first time (?!), in-spite of enjoying the genre of romance. I have no explanation as to why I couldn't/didn't get to it sooner; it just fell through the cracks, I guess. But wow! What a story! Glad to come across your blog through BBAW.