Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: This Way Home

Elijah's a god on the basketball court. During the summer before his senior year of high school, he's determined to win the three on three tournament with his two best friends. Together, they can out play anyone.

When Michael comes to them with  new shoes, Dylan and Elijah can't believe their good fortune - especially when Michael swears they come without ties.

Elijah wants to win and he wants that prize money. But at what cost? Between avoiding the gangs of Baltimore and leaving this city behind through basketball, Elijah has plans for the future. Right now his plans include winning and holding down his summer job.
My Thoughts: I enjoyed this book - read it in one sitting. I loved the basketball scenes - it made me want to go shoot hoops. 

I really liked the banter between the three friends. I loved the moments between Banks and Elijah. 

That ending really surprised me - I didn't see it coming. It made me sad, but it also made me think about the entire book. Part of me wanted to go back and read it again.

Cover Thoughts: It's hard to see the basketball on the book - I wish it was easier to see.
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: Teens will dig this book

No comments: