Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: Pie

In the summer of 1955, Alice's Aunt Polly dies leaving a huge hole in everyone's heart. Polly made the best pies anyone has ever tasted. Her unique pie shop brought in tourists from all over.

Then she was gone. Alice's world crumbled. She felt like Polly was the only person who loved and understood her.

Her mother wants the secret to Polly's pie. In her will, Polly leaves the secret to Lardo. She leaves her cat, Lardo, to Alice.

Now the whole town's missing her pies and wanting to know how the cat could possibility know the secret recipe. Everyone starts making pies, thinking they could be the next best pie maker.

Alice knows something is going on. She enlists the help of a boy to uncover the plot behind the strange happenings following her aunt's death. Could someone be trying to steal her cat in order to gain access to the secret recipe?
My Thoughts: I enjoyed this historical fiction book.I loved Aunt Polly and her pie making abilities. Her shop sounds very special.

I liked Alice's friendship with Charles. I liked how they worked together to solve the mystery.

I liked Alice making up song lyrics. 

I liked the ending and how things turned out - especially in the epilogue. 

I confess reading about all these pies made my mouth water and I might be trying out a recipe or two.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: my Library
Final Thoughts: A mouth-watering read with a little mystery, lots of friendship, and growing up.

No comments: