Friday, March 4, 2016

About Me: Hiking

One of my resolutions this year (and to be honest almost every year) is to talk more about myself on the blog. Me in a nutshell: I'm a Librarian. I'm a blogger. I'm a reader. Here's a little bit about me outside the bookish world.
I've always liked taking long walks, but recently some travel plans have included hiking as a key factor. And it's been great. We've seen things I've never imagined and climbed places I never thought I could go. Some of it has been scary. I have on occasion felt stuck and unable to go further, but for the most part, it's been really fun and a great sense of accomplishment at the end.

So much so that we've decided to attempt hiking in the Grand Canyon. I've never been there, but I've always wanted to go. So, we're gearing up for that trip next year. I have some work to do before then.

Here are some photos from recent hikes:
This was the start of a rugged trail that kicked my butt

I wasn't sure we were going to make it up here - and back before dark. 

Here's a mountain climb - this is on the way up when I didn't realize how strenuous the hike would be

The view from the top was amazing

Do you know of any great hikes in New England? I'd be happy to know about them!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Anything in Acadia park on Mount Dessert Island is beautiful.