Saturday, March 19, 2016

Mysterious Saturday Review: Wedding Cake Murder

 * Book 19 in the  Hannah Swensen series * 
Hannah's getting married and competing in a dessert food challenge on television. It's hard juggling both, especially when the dessert challenge reschedules for an earlier date.

Hannah and Michelle (her sous chef) come up with a plan for the competition. They fly to New York City for the first leg. Whoever wins the first competition, will have the competition moved to their town.

When one of the judges dies - murder, the heat is on to catch a killer and to finish the competition to the best of their abilities. With everything going on, it will be a miracle if everything works out.
My Thoughts: I really like this series (and the movies based on the series). I loved the food competition of this novel - seeing the other contestants interact, watching the food entries, and watching the judges reaction to their tastings. I loved the conversations revolving around Hannah's dessert entries. 

I wish we learned a little more about Ross. I hope that he comes up more in the next few books. I feel like we have limited knowledge of him and I'm not sure if I actually like him. The relationship between him and Hannah seems based in the past. They don't have the best communication moments...yet. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: Another fun read in this series with small town charm and amazing baked goodies. 

No comments: