Monday, July 25, 2016

Review: Long Shot

A story from Chris Paul's childhood about working on his skills to make the team, despite his shortness.
My Thoughts: I really loved this book. I'm a big basketball fan, so it was super fun to read about an NBA player's childhood. It reminded me of the story about Michael Jordan in Salt in His Shoes.

I love how Chris went after his dream. He practiced and practiced. He worried. He talked to his friends and family about it. But he never gave up, not even when people thought he couldn't make it.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: While it's perfect for summer reading this year, it's also a great book about going after your dreams and not settling because people think you might not make it. Highly recommended for Children's collections.

No comments: