Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: Paris Pan Takes the Dare

Paris just moved to a new town - again. She's tired of making new friends and then having to leave them. Right now she's not sure about her options for new friends.

She hears a rumor about spending the night in the woods, something that apparently every seventh grade girl completes. Paris isn't sure she wants to participate, especially after she hears about the murdered girl in backyard.

When she starts finding creepy dolls around the property and hearing strange noises, she's convinced the murdered girl has come back as a ghost. Now more than ever her friend wants to spend the night in the wood. How far will Paris go for her new friend?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I liked watching Paris make new friends and figure out her new place in town. I liked her interactions with her family and how they helped her solve her problems. I loved the dare angle. I really enjoyed the ending of the book. It's a great read for someone who wants something a little frightening but isn't ready for Wait Til Helen Comes.

Cover Thoughts: Fantastic
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Recommended for the children's section

No comments: