Friday, September 23, 2016

Adult Review: Lady Bridget's Diary

 * Book 1 in the Keeping up with Cavendishes series *
After Lady Bridget's brother receives the news that he's inherited a dukedom, the family moves from their American horse farm to England. They work on manners and understanding of English society before their entrance - which is a disaster.

Lady Bridget falls on her bottom. One sister is labeled a bluestocking and the other tells people she likes to ride horses - astride. None of the sisters make a good impression upon the ton, but everyone is talking about them.

Lady Bridget isn't thrilled with her debut, especially meeting Dreadful Darcy. His brother is much more amiable. But the more time she spends with Darcy, the more she begins to like him. Could he become something more?
My Thoughts: I adored this novel. I tore through it, not wanting to put it down. I loved how bits and pieces were from both Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones's Diary (yes I know, but trust me, it's true and it does work.). I loved the relationship with the siblings - their loyalty, their love, and their banter. I even liked the dragon dowager duchess, she grew on me. Bridget is clever, charming, and entertaining. I love her interactions with Lord Darcy from the beginning moments. I enjoyed the slow burn romance. I liked Lord Darcy - appreciated his back story and why he's so responsible. I enjoyed his relationship with his brother too. I loved the writings in the diary, how her sister would steal it and tease her, and how it went missing. I can't wait to read more about the Cavendish family!

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for all romance sections in public libraries

No comments: