Monday, January 23, 2017

Adult Review: Worth the Wait

 * first in a series *
Vivi has loved her best friend's brother since the day she met him. Over the years, they've developed a special friendship. But lately things are off. David left on a business trip and hasn't kept up with anyone, even his family.

When Cat invites Vivi to her family's summer home for a week vacation,she has no idea her brother (and his girlfriend) will be there.

David works hard to insert himself back into his family's lives. But he's holding on to a secret that threatens to destroy him - terrible secret he can't share with his brother or sister.

But the time on the island is making him reevaluate all his relationships - including Vivi. Could he actually have feelings for her?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I loved the layers of family dynamics - how Vivi's family fell apart and how Cat's family took her in. I love that she had a relationship with all the siblings. I felt terrible for David and how learning the secret changed him. I like how he attempted to come back into his siblings' lives and how he kept that awful secret. I loved Vivi gaining more confidence and becoming stronger in her life. I enjoyed the flashbacks to their younger days, especially with Vivi's art. I liked Cat and Jackson, so I'm looking forward to reading the next books in the series to see them gain their happily ever afters.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: my Library
Library Recommendation: A fun summer romance about relationships that will be a welcome addition in public libraries.

No comments: