Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: Everyday Magic


Maggie's father is a big shot Hollywood director - and yet he terrorizes her family. This summer the whole family's staying in Scotland while he shoots a movie. Maggie's scared to tell him about her good news. She's been accepted to a fashion design school in England. She isn't going to UCLA to become an entertainment lawyer like he thinks. She knows that she's going to have to tell him the truth about her future and suffer the consequences.

When she finally shares her news, he reacts the way everyone imagined. But her mother shocks her by leaving him. Now that Maggie's eighteen, there's nothing holding her back. But her father isn't done playing all his cards. He has an ace up his sleeve that's going to wreck havoc on Maggie's romantic life.
My Thoughts: I confess it took me a bit to get into this one. I hated Maggie's father. He was so cruel, but I need to see how Maggie made it through. Once I was invested, I couldn't put this book down. 

I loved Maggie - she didn't always make the best choices, but she had a Huge heart and she tried to make the best of a very bad situation. I love that she took control of her own life and applied to fashion school instead of going to UCLA. I loved her relationship with Preston and how that grew. I love how she met Evie and Edmund from the previous book (I loved seeing more of them.) I loved Andrew and Daisy and their moments together at school.

I love how Maggie grew up and found her independence. I can't imagine living afraid of someone who's supposed to protect you, but I'm glad that she made it through and started living her dream.

I can't wait to see what Emily Albright writes next!

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Companion novel to The Heir and the Spare
Library Recommendation: Both books are fantastic to have in your library! Get them.
Challenge:

No comments: